DAY 1 Alacalufes path - Bernal & Hermann glaciers
We pick up the participants of the expedition from the Hotel at 09:30 am, then we take a boat to navigate 5 minutes from Puerto Natales to Antonio Varas peninsula across the Señoret channel. We continue by vehicle for 1 hour through a gravel road to Estancia Mercedes, where we take our fast boat Explorador IV and navigate for one hour until the end of the Resi fjord, the entrance of Alacalufes National Reserve.
During the navigation it is posible to watch seals, dolphins, penguins, cormorants, condors, and other species.
From Resi fjord we must hike about 20 minutes to reach the lagoon Acantilados, which is incased between huge rock walls and the only way to go across it is by boat, so we have to navigate 5 minutes to get to the other side of it to continue hiking 60 more minutes to reach Huiros bay. Here the boat West Patagonia will take us to the floating refuge Explorador to enjoy of a rich lunch.
Later we go trekking from the same bay up to the lookout Buena Vista, where it’s possible to admire the Mountains fjord, the Sarmiento mountain range with its glaciers Bernal & Hermann, the beautiful surrounding of mountains, rivers, waterfalls and lagoons. We continue bush walking down to the shore of the fjord where the boat West Patagonia awaits for us to take us to the Bernal glacier (5 minutes).
We disembark in the coast of the Bernal glacier and hike through a particular trail with colorful moraines that cross the pro-glacier lake, allowing us to get close and safe enough to touch its ice. This permits us to watch and understand its movements and changes that it makes in the landscape through the years while you enjoy of a drink with its millenary ice.
The contrast of colors between the vegetation, the ice, the mountains and the fjord in the background, makes any picture postcard worthy.
We take again the boat and navigate for 10 minutes till our floating refuge to taste a delicious dinner and enjoy of unique lodging on the sea.
Floating Refuge Explorador / Shared rooms
45 km - 1 hr Road / 22 mn - 75 min Navigation / 5 km - 3 hrs Trekking
DAY 2 Kiara, Alsina & Paredes glaciers - Return to Puerto Natales
After a good breakfast, we’ll go navigating during one and a half hour through the Mountains fjord towards North to appreciate the beauty and immensity of the glaciers Kiara, Alsina & Paredes. These are the last main glaciers from the Sarmiento mountain range that flow from the summits down into the fjord.
Different species can be watched during the boat ride.
Later we begin the return hiking the Alacalufes path back to Resi fjord, same route we did to enter.
In Resi fjord we meet again our fast boat Explorador IV to navigate until Estancia Mercedes in Antonio Varas peninsula and continue the way to Puerto Natales, finishing this expedition around 15:00 pm.
We'll have lunch on our way back.
Back to Puerto Natales
1,5 km - 1 hr Trekking / 38 nm - 2 hr Navigation / 45 km - 1 hour Road
EXTRA DAY Add one or more days to your expedition (see more)
Each expedition requires a minimum of 2 participants to depart. 8 participants maximum.
We have regular departures every Thursday and Friday from November to March. Yet it is also possible to do this expedition on any other date not established. A minimum of 4 participants is required. Subject to availability.
Rate per participant $690.000CLP (chilean pesos).
in / out
08 Nov / 09 Nov
09 Nov / 10 Nov
15 Nov / 16 Nov
16 Nov / 17 Nov
22 Nov / 23 Nov
23 Nov / 24 Nov
29 Nov / 30 Nov
30 Nov / 01 Dec
in / out
06 Dec / 07 Dec
07 Dec / 08 Dec
13 Dec / 14 Dec
14 Dec / 15 Dec
20 Dec / 21 Dec
21 Dec / 22 Dec
27 Dec / 28 Dec
28 Dec / 29 Dec
in / out
03 Jan / 04 Jan
04 Jan / 05 Jan
10 Jan / 11 Jan
11 Jan / 12 Jan
17 Jan / 18 Jan
18 Jan / 19 Jan
31 Jan / 01 Feb
in / out
01 Feb / 02 Feb
07 Feb / 08 Feb
08 Feb / 09 Feb
14 Feb / 15 Feb
15 Feb / 16 Feb
21 Feb / 22 Feb
22 Feb / 23 Feb
28 Feb / 01 Mar
in / out
01 Mar / 02 Mar
07 Mar / 08 Mar
08 Mar / 09 Mar
14 Mar / 15 Mar
15 Mar / 16 Mar
21 Mar / 22 Mar
22 Mar / 23 Mar
The activities described may be delayed, changed or cancelled due to rough conditions.
- The expedition is subject to the weather conditions.
- Our groups are very exclusive, from 2 to 8 participants per expedition and only one expedition at a time.
- Your participations in our expeditions contributes to the remote community of Puerto Eden.
- The participants must be experienced hikers.
- The level of the expedition is medium.
- There is no phone connection in the entire zone, so you'll be offline during the expedition.
WHAT TO BRING
- A daypack (60 liters backpack
- Headlamp, fleece hat, sunglasses and gloves.
- Quick drying T-shirts, polar flece jacket, down jacket, waterproof parka with GoreTex technology or similar.
- Quick drying long underwear, trekking pants, waterproof pants with GoreTex technology or similar.
- Waterproof boots with GoreTex technology or similar, sandals or crocs for river crossing and relaxing moments after the treks.
The brand Arc'teryx
has proofed to be very efficient in the cold and rainy climate of the fjords. Our guides use it and recommend it.
- Entrance fee to Alacalufes National Reserve.
- All the land and maritime transportation specified in this program.
- Accommodation in our exclusive floating refuge (shared rooms - sleeping bag)
- Meals during the expedition (breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Local guide service during the entire expedition.
- Porter service up to 5 kilos (20 liters)
between Resi and the floating refuge.
- We provide each participant with a dry bag (20 liters)
for the porter service, another dry bag (40 liters)
to protects your own belongings, gaiters, sheet liner for the sleeping bags, towel and sunblock.
- An unforgetable experience!
- Any other service Not
specified in this program.
- Personal travel insurance.